Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Aloha!

Why the Aloha? Well, my family and I just returned from Hawaii. Yes, we flew back Saturday the 27th (and boy, are our arms tired (okay, a reeeeally old joke)).

Here I am on Oahu, with the North Shore behind me. It was my first trip to Hawaii, and now that I've been, I think I'll miss it forever. I'm not sure I'd like to live there for any length of time, but for sun, sand, and relaxation, I've never been anywhere better. We saw all the sights, the weather was perfection and the food fabulous. I got to see my older daughter and her husband who are both stationed there (Marines at K-Bay and Navy at Pearl Harbor, respectively). I sure do miss them, and will be so happy when they're back on the mainland!!!

Book News: Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I submitted a proposal to a Major Publisher just before I left for vacation and am keeping hope in my heart for good news very soon! My last book (KILLER CHARMS) was released in August of 2008, so I am READY to see book #7 on the shelves. I hope you are, too! In my next blog, I'll give you an idea of the plot. TRUST ME, it's a good one!

Other News: My Achilles tendon repair has gone well, and I'm walking now without a limp. Yay. My foot is still a little swollen, and my shoe fits awkwardly, but I'm walking without a crutch or cane. One other good thing is that while I was healing, I had to sit a lot, and in sitting, I decided to use up my yarn stash, and began making afghans. I learned I can crochet really really fast, and in the last few months have cranked out something like 25 afghans. 100% wool or alpaca, natural fibers that are BEAUTIFUL. If you're in the Seattle area and are looking for a yarn shop that offers natural fibers, please see my friend Nancy at Renaissance Yarns (http://www.renaissanceyarns.com/) at Kent Station. I can't tell you how gorgeous knitting or crochet projects turn out with these lovely yarns. Here's an example . . .

Right now, I'm crocheting an afghan to donate to the October writer's conference (the ECWC) in Bellevue, WA. I plan to attend and give a workshop on writing, and am providing a beautiful afghan as a raffle item, all proceeds to go to DAWN, a local shelter for abused women and their children. There'll be a book sale, too, so hope to see you there. More on this as October approaches.

I'll post more photos of afghans in the future so you can see how pretty they are. But you really have to touch the yarn or see the afghan in person. They are so SOFT and warm and photos really don't do them justice.

That's all for now; talk to you again real soon.

M.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger Laurie Gold said...

I'll keep a good thought about the book proposal. It would be great to have you in print again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter
Hit counter provided by hit counter website.