Monday, September 18, 2006

"Arousing Suspicions" cover pic


I received the .jpg today for the cover of book #4 - Arousing Suspicions. This is Detective Nate Darling and Tabitha March's story (she's a dream interpreter who's a little bit psychic). Nate, as you may recall, was a secondary character, and Detective Max Galloway's undercover partner, in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evie.

The astonishing thing about this cover, to me, is that the title is smaller and in white letters, while my name is larger and in red letters. I'm hoping that means my publisher thinks I've "arrived" or at least have enough name recognition to have readers say, "Oh, look! There's another book out by that fabulous Marianne Stillings! I don't even care what the title is, I'm buying that book!" Well, a girl can dream, right?

Anyway, it's a very romantic suspensy cover and I do like it. I'm glad to get away from the cartoon covers (everyone thought my books were chick lit), and this one isn't at overtly sexual as the one for Sighs Matter (which, truthfully, I never tire of looking at), but strikes a good balance between the two styles.

Within the next couple of months, I'll be posting a contest, and an excerpt from Arousing Suspicions; hope you'll give it a read.

Have a good one . . .
Marianne

2 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Blogger Megan Frampton said...

That cover is gorgeous, and more importantly, conveys the type of book that's inside. Yay, Marianne!

 
At 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I'm Sandra from Singapore and I absolutely adore your books! I've read Satisfaction, Arousing Suspicions and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evie from the library but I can't find Sighs Matter, not in bookstores either )': Hope they are distributed to S'pore soon :DD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter
Hit counter provided by hit counter website.